Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flight

The only part that I don't like about going someplace new is the actual leaving. Even the thought of leaving can cause me to burst into uncharacteristic and wildly embarrassing tears. Even if I fucking hate the place I'm saying goodbye too.

For example, on my last day in my Korean school I had pretty much decided I wanted to live in my school for the rest of my life, rather than bear the horrible agony of having my student's and colleague's lives go on without me.

I thought I would miss them all terribly for the rest of my life and the entire ordeal would leave a big gaping Korea shaped hole in my heart.

Then, like, the next day I was over it.

Same with RainyTown. I was pretty sure I wanted to live with my uncle for the rest of my life and continue the odd hovering, life interrupted schedule I had set up:

7:00 - Wake up, stare at my six pack

9:00-11:30 - go to the library to steal internet

12:00 - Go to spin, stare at my six pack while I'm supposed to be sprinting or climbing a hill or whatever.

1:00-2:30 - Go to the sauna, stare at my six pack

3:00 - Go to My Teen's School and sit in the parkinlot, creepily eating my lunch alone in my car, way before any other parents get there

3:20-5:30 - Take My Teen to various activities, make time to go to the bathroom where I can stare at my six pack (and take pictures of it for my blog)

6:00-7:00 - Stall, bitch, burn something, cut myself, collapse to the floor in an agonized heap ( make dinner), stare at my six pack from the prone position.

7:00-10:00 - Watch terrible TV shows with my uncle and My Teen

10:30-10:45 - Get ready for bed while staring continuously at my six pack.

I know. It was a really, really, hard life. You're probably all wondering how I survived, six pack intact.

At the thought if leaving this life, I think might have gone into actual hysterics at one point.

I have to remember, I'll be back in six weeks, then for Christmas, then for Spring break, then for Summer (and possibly beyond) at which point I can continue all these nuanced and varied activities.

The only real problem is leaving the kiddos for the first six weeks so they can finish the school year.

I hate that.

I might live through it or I might not. I haven't decided yet.

But anyway, it's happening. I'm off to that State Far, Far Away.

No comments: