Friday, December 10, 2010

Jobs and Other things

So I've applied for, like, a thousand jobs since I've been back. Recently, being separated from my Little-Awesome is starting to get to me.

Since Mini-Fantabulous is entrenched in RainyTown, with her ballet, her NDN programs (I just got that from Ironhead over on An Idiots Board. It's very hipster, n'est pas?), I figured it was time for us all to relocate to where I was.

Then Mr. AwesomeCool insidiously ruins my plans. What does that backstabbing bastard do? He goes and gets a great job with full benefits in Southern Goat Town! What a fucking tool!

While I was with Little Awesome, Crazy One Tit did something diabolical. No, it wasn't when she moved the goats inside the house because it was 'too cold' for them outside. She bought everyone (except me) iphones.

Less than two weeks ago I broke down and signed up for a 2 year plan with T-mobile because it was fucking cheap and I wasn't planning on sticking around for two years anyway.

Then at Thanksgiving (in whick I prepared the most magically delicious pumpkin pie ever WITHOUT any meaningful help from anyone else!!) it was thrust in my face that in my absence, my whole family had moved on from the basic talk and text plans I was familiar with and were now Facebooking, Googling, Twittering from the internet-less house in which I am forced to live. I didn't even know that was possible.

Then Crazy One Tit bought the iphones. There are apps. There are widgets. The have cute little touch screens and mulit-colored skins. Now, I WANT ONE! Now I've got to figure out how to get out of my insidious evil T-mobile contract so I may dash into the illustrious arms of At&t.

In other news, last Saturday Mr. AwesomeCool and I sat through our first of possible three marathon testing sessions: The Orela. The Orela was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was terrified.

After two hours, I thought it had been three and my brain started to melt. I went to the bathroom to collect myself. Then I went back and breezed through the last 100 questions, finishing in a time of 2 hours and 20 minutes!

The important thing to remember is that it took Mr. AwesomeCool 3 and a half hours. And he didn't even know how to answer a bunch of the math questions that I totally nailed!

To those of you saying, "Well, it isn't a race! The time you finish in doesn't factor into your score!"

I say, obviously you are not a super-genius such as myself and don't realize that it's things like beating your husband by over an hour on the Orela is what matters most of all.

1 comment:

Mr. Awesomecool said...

We shall see, once the test scores are posted and I totally kicked your ass!