Thursday, November 4, 2010

Job Hunting

Just for super duper fun, I thought I'd post some of the jobs I've applied to so far:

Teacher Assistant - Our school seeks an assistant for an upper elementary(grades 4-5-6) classroom. Candidates must have experience working with students. · Bachelor’s degree required, experience working with children the age level of the desired position/assignment, Experience working in an educational setting required, Montessori setting preferred. (I just applied for this one last week. Still haven't heard anything, but I'm sure there's about a thousand desperate licensed teachers slobbering all over it).

Part Time Teller - Under the direction of the Management Team, Tellers perform a variety of member account transactions, which include, proper documentation of cash and checks, offering and cross-selling financial products and services, fraud prevention. Provides exceptional member service, in a professional manger, to co-workers, business partners, and overall membership. (I'm not too sad I haven't heard anything from this one. I kind of don't trust myself around all that money lying around).

Sales Clerk - We are seeking a Retail Sales Associate. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus programs, health and vision insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays, Simple IRA Plan, spiffs, and paid training.​ At least a high school diploma is required, college degree preferred.​ Previous experience in retail operations is a plus.​ (I'm pretty sure I'm not getting this one. I took an instant dislike to the poncy dirtbag who took my application.)

Teacher's Assistant - The teacher's assistant is responsible for assisting in all classroom activities and providing instruction,supervising students, maintaining documentation, and assisting students in other duties relevant to the program
area. (I should note that this is assisting the teaching of TEEN MOMS! I figured I'd get a call for sure, cause who in their right mind would want to be around that double dose of insanity hormones!)

Youth Development Advocate - assigned to overnights. Is responsible for the proper functioning of the overnight shift of a 24-hour, youth crisis shelter. This includes the supervision of sheltered youth and providing crisis intervention for our crisis line and walk-in clients. $9.25/hr.+ Benefits. (Seriously? 9.25 for overnight? I applied for the daytime shift which seems to have been filled)\

Meat Cutter - Our Meat Cutters cut and trim several varieties
of meat to specification. Prepare ready-to-heat foods by filleting meat, fish and poultry, cutting it into bite-sized pieces, preparing and adding vegetables or applying sauces or breading. When not assisting customers, Meat Cutters wrap weigh, label and price cuts of meat, prepare and place meat cuts and products in display cases in attractive and eye catch ways. (JK!)

There are a few others that I can't find. Sad day.

1 comment:

Flint said...

Mmmmmm ... meat.