Sunday, September 19, 2010

No Work Tomorrow!!

Oh the joys of working in Korea. Our Great Leader (the principal) in his benevolent rulership decided we should have the whole week off for Chusok! I plan to pack my week full of sitting around the apartment, getting moldy.

I've been looking for jobs back home and it's quite bleak. I'm not sure I won't be coming right back and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind all that much. Aside from a few months (aka winter) where I got a little snippy, I've learned to like it here.

I don't remember what our plans were last time I posted about them, but that's fine because it's all changed now! Now we want to get our teaching licenses and go to the United Arab Emirates. I have found several programs where we could get our licenses for free or practically free. The catch is, you have to teach at low income schools for a year.

Also, there's a great new blogger out there! Dreadlocks on the Roks has just arrived in Korea and has already written some fine posts. So go check him out!

Now for the most exciting news of all!!

Today AwesomeCool and I did Rock Your Body Juice workout:



I realized that since the BodyRock website is going through changes,the videos aren't on the workout pages anymore. You can find them on her YouTube channel (charliejames1975)

Our times-
Me:13.09
AC:14.27

I looked back at the last time we did this work out back in February, it took me 16.50 and AC 21.14

So when you do these workouts, write down your time, reps, or rounds so you can try to beat yourself the next time!

3 comments:

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

This post really spoke to me (and I realize that has been your goal from day one) for a variety of reasons:

1. My employer has deemed it necessary for everyone* to come in the Friday following Chuseok for the sole purpose of dashing the hopes of anyone foolish enough to dream of a nine-day holiday.

2. I'll be leaving Korea within a week or two, and

3. I'll be heading for the UAE very soon.


* Which is to say, everyone but him.

SuperFantabulous said...

We're practically the wonder twins. Powers Activate!

Jaywoodseyo said...

Thanks for the link! I'm glad you enjoy the blog. Makes me feel not all is lost in the K-blogosphere.