Monday, July 5, 2010

Check Out That Mother Fucking Cow!

Today I had to record a listening test with Mr. Giggles. He was in charge of saying 'Number 1', 'Number 2', etc and I was in charge of saying whatever little English gem was beside it, 'What a nice day!' 'What a cute baby!' 'What a tall man'

For some reason 'Number 4' gave me trouble.
I hadn't read the thing before hand and suddenly before me was:
'What a big cow!"

That sentence struck me as supremely hilarious. Consequently, I lost it for about five minutes.

Mr. Giggles had no idea why.

I had no idea why either. It just seems ridiculously comical that someone would be in a situation to use that phrase and then actually go ahead and use it.

'What a big cow!'

'Why is funny?' He asked when I was able to breath again.
'It isn't. It's not funny. I don't know what's wrong with me.' Was all I could think to say.

We tried again.

Mr. Giggles: 'Number 4'
Me: Bwahahahahahaha!
Mr. Giggles (clearly becoming annoyed): What is wrong?
Me: Nothing. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm fine. Let's go.

After a few more tries I was able to get through it by closing my eyes and just saying, 'What a big cow!'
Looking at the actual sentence fucked me all up.

"WHAT A BIG COW!"

Is it funny? I can't even tell anymore. A sure sign that I've been here waaaaaay too long.

3 comments:

Flint said...

Sometimes the stupidity of the comments they believe are teaching the kids English are just so overwhelmingly stupid all you can do is laugh. Or else you would have to cry ... or smack your head into the wall repeatedly in frustration over their stupidity. Or some combination of the three.

SuperFantabulous said...

But to be fair, there are some pretty big cows out there and it is possible that one could happen upon them. And if they ever do, they'll know just what to say.

Kimberly said...

I thought it was funny. but probably just because I could easily picture this happening. Except, I am thinking that maybe you thought it was funny, because you know that normal people would actually say, "What a big fucking cow!", and that was why you lost it. Theory.