Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wonder Twins Activate!

A tragedy has befallen the SuperFantabulous household. Last Sunday, at exactly 11.23 AM, my BFF XBoX 360 sputtered, heaved it's last distorted graphic, and threw up the red ring of death.
You died too young, my friend. You will be sorely missed.

In other, less devastating news, Mr. Giggles, the Princess and I had an outing this week! Exciting! We went to watch another poor, miserable Longhead perform with his handler. It was an excellent show. Fun was had by all. It was over after about an hour, then we were all delighted to go home.

As an added bonus, I discovered that, while, apart, Mr. Giggles and the Princess are pleasant people, though not particularly noteworthy (music preferences very much aside), together, their forces combine and suddenly before my eyes, they transform into The Fucking Adorable Duo.

On the way there and back we had many adventures, the Fucking Adorable Duo and I.

1. I had to personally ask both the vice-principal and principal for permission to leave early. Not only that, I had to fill out several pages of paperwork for each of them to sign which I also had to present to them personally. Then, when it was time to actually leave, all three of us had to say goodbye to both the vice-principal and the principal complete with a bowing episode that lasted a good two minutes.

2. Since it was raining and I don't own an umbrella, the Adorable Duo could not help but continuously try to share theirs with me. This thought occurred simultaneously to both of them at regular intervals. The result was that I was intermittently hit in the head on either side by their respective umbrellas at the same time as they tried to maneuver them over my head. Fantastic.

3. Upon arriving and leaving from the school we became horribly lost. The Adorable Duo chit-chatted about our predicament, giggled whenever we made a wrong turn and generally reminded me of and old married couple and young children filled with wide eyed wonder at the same time.

Since I got off early, I went to the bank to wire some money home. I've already tried once at a large bank near my work and was told under no uncertain terms that it would be absolutely impossible for me to do so at any but the most 'main' of branches. Where these 'main' branches were, I had no idea. Mr. AwesomeCool told me that a branch in a village near where we work could do it. What a strange concept! Keeping the 'main' branches in tiny villages is an excellent way to repel the Longheads.

So I took a bus to the village. I arrived feeling there was no way in hell these lofty wiring dreams were going to come to fruition. I took a number. 70. My spirits elevated slightly. They were on number 67. The number flickered to 68. 68 had left the building or otherwise ended his/her banking experience. As they went on to 69, my hope began to rise! At least if this ended in disaster, it would do so quickly. I enthusiastically waited my turn.

An hour and a half later, I was far less enthusiastic. The whole thing turned out to be such an ordeal that I quite literally almost died from the inconvenience. Yes, SuperFantabulous readers, you nearly lost your leader to 'overwhelming tediousness'. The only thing that kept me from going under was the teller that took an interest in my hometown.

Also, bored out of his mind and not currently directly involved in the impossible wire transfer task at hand, he googled (or daumed) my city and showed me a picture of the train station. Oddly, after having lived in that shit-town my whole life, the train station is the probably the one and only building I have never been in. Thanks to my Korean teller from the village near my work, I now know what it looks like! Thanks so much Mr. LeeKimPark. My life is now complete.

4 comments:

Flint said...

Soon they will formalize their coupleness and start wearing couples shirts. :)

SuperFantabulous said...

They better be 'adorable' couple shirts, or I'm not having it.

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

My condolences regarding the Xbox 360. Mine's currently on life support.

SuperFantabulous said...

Thanks, I'm finally starting to move on.