Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 16!

This weekend, while Mr. AwesomeCool and I were wandering around the city, I decided it was time for me to get some new slippers for work. You see, when I arrived, I didn't realize I would be required to wear slippers inside the school, so the only ones I had were the ones they bought for our apartment, which are flimsy cloth numbers. Everyone who's anyone knows that at work you wear heartier slippers. Most of the teachers wear thick plastic slides. I wore my flimsy cloth thingies. You can imagine the mirth it's been causing all this time.

I've had my eye on a cute little pair since January. One day, they appeared on top of a bus stop near my house. Every time I passed by I thought about getting those shoes, but the time never seemed right. Finally it was time.

"Hold me up! I'm getting those shoes!"
Mr. AwesomeCool obediently hoisted me up. As the taxi drivers across the street and various onlookers watched, we both nearly toppled over, but we got the shoes. I took them home and washed them off.

This week I brought them to school. I pranced around in my new, much more appropriate footwear. Nobody cared. Also, they were a little too big. On the stairs their slidiness proved incredibly dangerous. I was certain prolonged use would lead to a nasty fall down the stairs.
So the shoes went back home in shame and I'm back in my floppy, cloth slippers.

This week both the principal and vice-principle stopped by to see how things were going in the English department. They showed up in class, missing the part where I performed an awesome warm up routine and instead came in during the only five minutes of class where there was complete chaos.

I'm not sure what's going to come of that. The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

Two thoughts:

1) You can imagine the mirth it's been causing all this time.

If there's one word that never fails to make me chuckle it's mirth, though I'm positively unable to provide an explanation for said merriment.

2) I just realized that you've removed your husband's blog from the SuperFantabulous blog list. Ice cold, lady!

SuperFantabulous said...

That's how I roll. All mirthy and icy and shit.