Thursday, April 8, 2010

Black Mike Is Smart!

Yesterday in response to my disastrous attempt to arrange my three week paid vacation (the fact that I even have paid vacation, let alone five weeks a year never ceases to be gloat-worthy!) Black Child who is No Longer in Kimchiland gave me some sage advice. I'm passing it on, in case any of you motherfuckers out there are as thick sculled as I am:

Look just because I don't write my blog anymore doesn't mean you can't come to me for advice. You never ask for permission in Korea only forgiveness. You should have scheduled your trip and then told them you heard from somebody that the summer camp was in a different week. I used that strategy to take the entire month off in January.
In general they don't speak English well
Are prone to lie and/or withhold information
And they are generally criminally disorganized all of which can be used in favor. I'm going to go and kill several Deathclaws and MoleRats now


Unfortunately I'm not the advice-seeking type. I tend to muddle through under the erroneous view that I'm a fucking rock star filled to the brim with brilliant ideas. The fact that I know this is delusional does not stop me from believing it and perpetuating the fucking cycle to the nth degree.

8 comments:

HomerJr said...

Long live the Republic of Dave.

SuperFantabulous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mike in Korea said...

tell your husband to give you a turn in fallout 3

DrugstoreCowgirl said...

Hmm. I agree with Black Mike to a point. For winter vacation, my school approved my time off and said that any camps would be scheduled around my vacation. But then the MOE said that I couldn't go on vacation then because I had to do city camps. I basically told them that I was going no matter what and in the end they allowed it, but it caused some SERIOUS headaches for me so I'm not sure I'd recommend doing the same.

Colonel Fernandez said...

After about a year in Korea I noticed myself starting to lie. But not normal lies, ridiculous lies. I lied a lot. Lied about what I ordered at a restuarant, lied about the weather, lied about the temperature, the time, everything that I didnt feel was necessary to lie about, I know was lying about. Then you begin to realize what the lies and confusion going on around you, and how one may use this to his advantage. So I began to lie less, but lie better.

SuperFantabulous said...

CowGirl: I agree with Black Mike too, but especially about Fallout 3. I should take the controller away from AwesomeCool and start my own mole rat killing rampage. They do have round heads after all.
Fernandez: Lying in order avoid the incredible bullshit seems to be the only option around here.

Kimberly said...

What's a Mole Rat? My man plays W.O.W. I'm ignorant.

SuperFantabulous said...

It's a mutated vicious creature from the post nuclear fall out world:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bbEuPGEuXcQ/SntkNKHpcLI/AAAAAAAAAps/YGYG86OvcwA/s400/Mole_rat_FO3.png