Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Enlishee Teacher Take III

The third new co-teacher showed up yesterday. He knocked timidly at the wrong door and came in giggling. I was nothing if not interested in welcoming him into his new career with bright, shiny, friendliness. I took a moment out of my terrible TV show to say greet him.

"Hi!" I might have overdone the friendliness. He seemed startled by my enthusiasm. Everyone knows the only appropriate thing to do when confronted with an oddly smiley Longhead is to stand there with your man-purse and giggle like a demented little girl.

I waited for it to pass. It didn't. I wasn't sure what to do, so I did the only appropriate thing to do when confronted with a Roundhead in the middle of a conniption fit. I turned back to my show and did my best to ignore him. This did nothing to alleviate his condition. Luckily after a few more minutes of unmitigated giggling, he decided it was time to leave.

Today he stopped by again.

Shiny Suit introduced us. Mr. Giggles did what he does best and erupted into a fit of trilling laughter. If Shiny Suit found this behavior at all ridiculous, he gave no indication whatsoever. He merely yelled over the annoying background noise his friend was making.

"He asks that you help him with his grammar and pronunciation because he is not very good at English!"
I nodded at Mr. Giggles and waited for some kind of acknowledgment. Mr. Giggles continued giggling. I stared at him trying to figure out what the fuck his deal was. This escalated the giggling to excruciating decibels. Just as I was about to write Mr. Giggles off as a complete dip-shit, Shiny Suit continued:

"He also say he want to go to classes alone first two days, to introduce himself!"
If he was saying what I thought he was saying, it was worth damaging my vocal cords to clarify, "You mean, he goes to class and I stay here!?"
Shiny Suit nodded having become extremely horse during that last sentence.
"For the whole time!?"
Shiny Suit nodded.

And just like that Mr. Giggles became my new BFF.

2 comments:

Artsarah said...

Maybe he was giggling due to nerves from being around such a stunning specimen of longheadedness.

SuperFantabulous said...

I have been complemented quite regularly on the longness of my head.