Friday, February 5, 2010

Not Over

Today was the last day with the sixth graders.
Mr. Toad told me to make sure I said goodbye to them.
I did for the first class, but nobody seemed to give a shit that they would never be seeing me again and I was surprised to find that I didn't care either. So after that it was all about walking out of the classroom as quickly as possible.

That teacher that gave me 500 Days of Summer to watch has given me Blindsided. It is really awful, but I have nothing else to do, so I'm watching it. I also watched Natural Born Killers on YouTube. Since I first saw that movie back in 1990 whatever, I have always considered it my favorite movie. Mallory Knox really flips my switch.

Today I watched it again for the first time in years and it was not the remarkable specimen of cinematic brilliance I remembered it being. It was dated by cheesy special effects and weird editing. How sad. I have to think of a new favorite movie.

Team SuperFantabulous, don't get your panties in a bunch...this is only a minor setback. We will be triumphant in the end. And my ego goes nowhere, Mr. StupidHead. I swallow nothing.

No comments: