Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hating It!

Today is my second day back at work and it sucks! It sucks waking up in the barely lit bedroom to that awful harsh beeping alarm we have! It sucks getting out of bed knowing that I have to stumble around a cold apartment in a vain attempt to make the earlier, less crowded bus. It really double plus sucks to go out of the apartment building and have the below freezing wind plow straight into my forehead, the only exposed part of my body, numbing my brain. No matter how many times I go outside, I'm always shocked that such iciness really exists.

Yesterday, I reascended my throne in MY English office only to find that my computer was missing. I could not for the life of me figure out where it had gone off too. I checked and re-checked the computer hole many times to make sure my frozen brain was not playing tricks on me.

When Mr. Toad showed up, I informed him of the situation, "My computer's gone."

"Oh. I took to teacher room."

I didn't bother asking why. The 'why's have long since become an exercise in futility.

"I get later." He assured me.

Later turned out to be 'right now.' He left and a few minutes later I heard a bumbling at the door. They poor guy was attempting to carry both our computers in is stubby little arms and open the door!  I felt bad for not opening the door for him.  In my defense I was too busy pondering the reasons that could exist behind 'Operation Relocate Computers'.  I have no idea why it was necessary to move our computers out of my English office for the duration of the vacation. I can't even speculate what purpose that served.

He managed to hook both our computers up correctly, but then something was amiss!
"My 'typewriter' missing!" Mr. Toad exclaimed, eyeing me suspiciously.

"That's weird." I said in what I hoped was an innocent, sympathetic inflection.

"Yeah, weird." He agreed, still harboring a few 'the-American-stole-my-motherfucking-typewriter' feelings. I could tell by the way he searched my desk with his eyes.

Why I would steal his 'typewriter' when I had a perfectly good one right in front of me is beyond me.

Later, it was discovered in the teacher's lounge being used by someone else.  Or something.  Honestly I have no fucking idea and the "Mystery of the Missing Typewriter" is just outside my deductive reach right now. 

But mark my words! When it warms up, I will get to the bottom of this!! You haven't heard the last of me, missing 'typewriter!' that later showed up in the teacher's lounge!

6 comments:

LouDog said...

What was thrown in you English room? Your throne? Did someone throw it across the room?
Snap!

SuperFantabulous said...

Thanks, I've fixed it, now your comment is out of place and ridiculous!
Double snap!

Mister Baekseju said...

Ha ! It's always the waegookin's fault.

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

Can I get in on this snapfest, too? I don't have much to contribute, but I sure loves me some snappin'!

SuperFantabulous said...

Snaps to Mr. Baekseju! Snaps to Chicken!

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

Snaps all around!