Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vacation x 2

Today is the last day of my second vacation. It all started when the school decided to give me my two weeks during the holidays when both Christmas and New Years fell on a Friday. Since I'm supposed to have those days off anyway, they didn't count as my two weeks vacation.

I would never have even noticed, being from America and completely unfamiliar with such foreign concepts as "paid vacation" and "paid national holidays". Had they not made a huge deal about it (and huge deal they made by having me go in person to both the King and Vice-King of my school and having me ask very nicely for them to sign off on both sets of vacation) I would have never caught on that I was being cheated out of paid time off. So it came to pass, that I got two more days off at the end of January.

Tomorrow I continue with another week or two of deskwarming. I'm not really sure when school starts and this whole bizarre going to work but not working thing comes to a screeching halt.

I have Big Love and Californication in my little stick drive to keep the insanity inducing boredom at bay. I tried out Gossip Girl, but I discovered my days of investing emotionally in rich, spoiled brats with 'real' problems died when the 90210 gang graduated back in '93. If anyone out there can suggest a top-rate show that would not appeal to the husband (we are not allowed to commit TV show adultery by sneaking off and illicitly watching shows that we're both attracted to) let me know!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Have you checked out True Blood? It's another HBO show... Can be quite addictive. Also, there's Hung. Again, HBO, but quite good. :) Happy Deskwarming!

SuperFantabulous said...

Yes! We both adore True Blood. I've never heard of Hung. I'll definitely check that out! Thanks!

Mike in Korea said...

i like weeds

SuperFantabulous said...

I love weeds also! We just finished last season. We are quickly running out of crap to watch! If we're not careful, we'll end up having to talk to eachother to pass the time. Nobody wants that!