Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Break

I have a few more weeks before my winter vacation. I get two weeks to sit at home and do nothing! Staying at home doing nothing is my most favorite thing ever!
My enjoyment of being a misanthropic agoraphobic will be marred by the impending commencement of winter camps.
Right after my vacation, I am expected to do some actual work for the first time since I've been here. I have to write lesson plans. I have to teach the students by myself. My co-teacher said something about doing a lesson in which I prepare food. What the fuck is that about? I don't appreciate this treatment at all! I'm not accustomed to it!
What happens after my three weeks of camp is uncertain. In Korea, they don't take kindly to letting people off the hook. This means that even if you have nothing to do and nobody else is there, you are expected to show up for work. So it is likely that I will be sitting in an empty building for eight hours a day until school starts again in March.
I can only interpret this nonsense as an obvious plot to off the expensive, dead beat Engrish teacher, because if the sixth graders don't kill me during camp, the boredom of desk warming will surely kill me after.
Unfortunately for them, I'm not that easy to get rid of. I'm stuck to this job like white on rice. As a side note, Korean rice is the stickiest mother fucking rice on the planet. I'm not sure how, but I think that somehow totally makes my point.

No comments: