Friday, December 18, 2009

Amnesia

Here I am on my last day of work for two weeks. I can't even enjoy it because my Winter camps are looming in the distance and stressing me the fuck out! I'm pretty sure I'm going to create a black hole of chaotic ESL suckage that will lead to my immediate deportation and possible subsequent imprisonment.
Oh well, I've taken a strong disliking to Korea, anyway. The Korean-ness of it all is really starting to get on my nerves.
Speaking of bitter: Thank you Korea, I now know what 'bitter cold' truly is. I hope I never forget.
As for my working relationship with Co-teacher Toad, we've taken the Let's-Pretend-That-Never-Happened route. Fine with me. That is actually my preferred method of conflict resolution. Being emotionally immature means never having to say you're sorry.
Anyway, it was just a cultural misunderstanding, I'm sure. He was having a bad day and thought thought it was appropriate to take it out on me.
Today I had to say goodbye to my favorite sixth graders. I actually got teary eyed. I blame my current woes and refuse to acknowledge that I might have a feeling or two.

No comments: