Saturday, November 21, 2009

Whisper

Someone has been sharing secrets with me at work. First she told me that she and her husband were separated. Then yesterday, when she came for a visit, we had a written conversation because Co-teacher Lee was in 'English Office' with us.

Her: Our secret conversation. I saw someone yesterday. I hope he will love me.
Me: A date?
Her: Yes. He's a doctor.
Me: That's awesome!
Her: What is this word: Awesome?
Me: Awesome = Great!!
Her: His wife left him seven years ago.
Me: Why?
Her: There was a car accident. She went away.
Me: You mean she died?
Her: Yes. I see him tonight.
Me: For dinner or something?
Her: For talking and sex.

She immediately scribbled out the word sex, lest someone happen upon our secret conversation.

"I think I . . . " Then she put her hands over her heard and mimed a loud beating sound.

Sweet!


"He tell me my Engrish pronunciation tellible."
"Well, I can understand you, so it's good enough. He sounds too picky." That's my way of letting her know that her new boyfliend is a tool.

After that, I played ping pong with Co-teacher Lee for an hour and a half.
Oh, what a strenuous job I have!

2 comments:

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

Some good old fashioned talking and sex. That's how you get things done!

Expat Wannabe said...

I know. I am so proud of her.