Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trauma

I knew the second I started bragging about not getting sick in over two years, I would get sick. My symptoms are suspiciously swine flu-like. Only without the fever, chills and aches. Ok, maybe I just have a cough, still, my co-teacher is frightened of me.
"Maybe . . . you . . . go see doctah?"
"Yeah, maybe." I mumbled, thinking, "There is no way I'm going to a doctor. I've got a cough, not the plague. WTF is a doctor going to do, about that? Nothing."

Long story short, they made me wear a mask for the rest of the day.

Then to add insult to injury, this happened:

I got on the bus for home and stood near the back where the exit door is. Suddenly a fight broke out between an old man and the bus driver. The old man was all up in the bus drivers face, or rather the back of his head because the bus driver is fenced in to prevent exactly this, probably because the maniacal driving puts people on edge and more likely to start shit with the bus driver.

Long story short, the old man went back to his seat and peed in it.

I'm not sure if this was revenge for whatever the bus driver did, or if it was cause he was an old man with bladder problems. Either way, the guy in the back who scurried up to take the rare and coveted open seat, didn't miss a beat in turning right back around and scurrying back when he saw the malodorous liquid left there by the former occupant. His instant understanding leads one to believe that this is not such a rare occurrence after all.

No comments: