Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mummy

Yesterday, my eye started burning. I did the sensible thing and ignored it. Toward the end of school, my chosen treatment didn't seem to be living up to expectations. I broke down and went to the bathroom to investigate. I looked in the mirror. My eye looked something like this:



Luckily, I had just cut my hair. Badly. So some of it was constantly flopping in my face and the kids in my classes didn't notice my glowing, red eye. I know they didn't notice because Koreans are not one's to mince words. Had they noticed it would have gone down something like this:


"HEY TEACHER! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR EYE? IT DISGRUSTING! YOU HAB A DA SWINE FRU! SWINE FRU!! SWINE FRU!! GET OUT!!"

Earlier, my new lifestyle, which includes sitting at my desk with my arm bended to prop up my head for hours at a time caused part of my hand to go to sleep for three days. At the three day mark with no improvement I sought help. No, I didn't go to a doctor, silly! I consulted the internet. The all knowing internet told me to tie a towel around my arm while I slept. So I did. Praise be to the all knowing internet! Halleluja!
Now I looked a lot like this:



My arm improved, but it was still half asleep. Now with my latest injury, bedtime is an all new level of unattractive. My towel arm and laser eye do anything but complement eachother. One or the other could be tolerated, but both at the same time?? Not as cool as you might think. So last night when I was ready for bed, I looked pretty much exactly like this:



I told you it was a bad haircut.

2 comments:

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

To be fair, that last picture is pretty cool.

Expat Wannabe said...

Yes. Pointy ears are to die for.