Monday, November 16, 2009

Miss Congeniality

Someone is trying to be my friend. I don't take kindly to this. Her name is Calliope and she is the music teacher at my school.
One strike against her is that she is very small. Next to tiny people, I look like a hulking giant. Petite women are not a good look for me.
Another strike against her is that she wants me to do things. I prefer to sit in the 'English Office' and do nothing.

When we first met, she took me to the music room and gave me an impromptu recorder concert. Since then, I have been randomly serenaded on numerous occasions. I find this very strange so I like her a little more.
She comes to the 'English Office' every day for an 'English lesson' while I have a 'Korean lesson.' Today she's decided that after 'English lesson' I'll have a music lesson. Today we played janggu drums.
I felt like the hippie I was always meant to be.

3 comments:

LouDog said...

next thing you know you will be dousing yourself with patchouli and letting your pits, legs and bush look like a spidery chia pet.

Enormous Plumes of Smoke said...

Where's your spinner skirt and tambourine?

Chicken Wire, the Harbinger of Heavenly Annotation said...

You can't help but like the muse of heroic poetry.