Thursday, November 19, 2009

I AM NOT A HIPPY!!

Yesterday I had day two of my drumming lesson. Calliope thought it would be fitting to up the ante a bit and introduce not only a new way of holding the drumstick, but intense combinations such as "bom-ba-bom-bom-ratta-bom-ba-bom-bom-ratta". I won't bore you with the specifics of my new 장고 technique (Oh yes I DID just type in Korean!), I'll just tell you that lesson number two was an unmitigated disaster.
Calliope, being the stoic Buddhist that she is, did not burst out laughing as I did every time a 'bom' ended up a 'ba' and a 'bom ba' failed to launch completely. Don't even get me started on the 'ratta' which despite numerous admonishments, I was not even once able to pull off to her satisfaction.
I don't think drumming lessons are going to be around for much longer, thus continuing my anti-social rampage.
I can't deny that I'm going to miss it a little bit. The hand eye coordination and rhythm could definitely use the practice.
And it does me good to get away from Co-teacher every once in a while as he is starting to get on my nerves. Him getting on my nerves is a very bad situation as I tend to let 'somewhat annoyed' escalate into 'outright seething hatred' rather quickly. I can keep up 'outright seething hatred' for years. Just ask my in-laws.
And let me tell you, it's very difficult to keep up and I don't really need my hate muscles exercised right now.
Also, contrary to popular belief, it is not all fun and games to actively abhor someone. Especially if no-one else shares in your abhorrence and thinks you're a crazy, irrational bitch for harboring such ill will towards someone for apparently no reason whatsoever. To try to keep the peace they do stupid things like constantly siding with the object(s) of your disdain and not enjoying plotting said object(s) untimely demise with you.
That being said, drumming, is probably a good outlet for some energy that would be better spent rather than invested elsewhere.

1 comment:

LouDog said...

Hey at least you only have to put up with him until February!