Sunday, November 22, 2009

Butt Love

I'm in the bedroom, changing out of my work clothes. Blue, comes in. I start folding the mound of clean clothes that have been on the bed for over a week. Blue sits on the bed beside me, rifling through the pile looking for clothes. Suddenly Blue gets a quizzical expression on her face.
Blue asks, "Mommy? Why do people make love in the butt?"
I turn away to hide the huge shocked smile spreading across my face. I try to compose myself and formulate an answer.
Blue continues the thought, "Or sometimes they put other things in the butt. Why do they do that?"
Now I'm confused. Where did my eight year old kid here about that kind of thing?
I stare blankly, mouth ajar.
Blue sighs at my incompetence and picks up a pair of sweatpants with the word "LOVE" written across the butt.

Oh.

Blue: 1
Mommy: 0

In my defense, it was Blue's unfortunate use of prepositions, that sent my mind quickly in the wrong direction.

2 comments:

LouDog said...

I never did get the signs on the butt, especially for kids. It encourages people to stare at your ass, and I think kids are getting to sexualized as it is.

Expat Wannabe said...

Nice bunny,