Friday, October 30, 2009

I Don't Keh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh

When I was living in the US, I was obsessed with the latest example of duplicity and corruption (although that seems much to light a word for what passes for politics in America) in the government. I was astonished at what went on. I was even more astonished by how nobody gave a shit. It was expected. We accepted our role as the one's who will continuously get shat upon by the ones living in the shimmering pink castles in the sky. I accepted it. I was outraged and horrified, but I wasn't going to do anything about it. Except link to it on FaceBook or blog about it. Essentially all that accomplished was getting other people depressed.
Now that I am in Korea, I don't give a shit. I don't even bother with Democracy Now, which I followed to religulously when I was back home. I watch Korean news, about Korean things which I don't understand and don't make sense and that is enough for me. All those shennanigans going on back home just make it easier to stay away.

No comments: