Monday, April 20, 2009

Phenomenon

I posted about Susan Boyle earlier, but I felt I didn't do her justice so I took it down. Now it's back by very popular demand (haha!)! I still watch this video at least 20 times a day. I only recently have stopped getting teary eyed every time I watch it. I love her so much!! I think it's because she's such a big dork and everybody expects, WANTS her to fail, because of their preconceived notions of how people who look like her are supposed to be. But it isn't just because she doesn't look like a superstar, it's that she's unapologetic about it. She thinks she's rocking anyway. And she totally is! Who hasn't dreamed of blowing a room of naysayers away with a moment of brilliance? Most of us are not talented enough to pull it off, so thanks to YouTube, we can live vicariously through Susan.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I saw a blurb on line news about how disapointed her "fans" are that she was photographed with a new colored "do" and without the "frumpy" house dress.

Can't please every one I think. She is still spectacular.

Word verification: spipope