Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Stupid

Today I was vacuuming around our stove when through the door of the thing, a coal got sucked up into the vacuum. I have a Dyson so the canister is clear and I could see the coal in there. I decided it wasn't that big of a deal and continued vacuuming. Then I noticed that the dust and lint in there was beginning to burn. I turned off the vacuum and the fire went out. I turned the vacuum cleaner on and the fire REALLY started. I turned it off and ran outside to the garbage can. I emptied the canister and went inside. Then about fifteen minutes later when I went outside, there was smoke billowing across our yard. At first I was very confused, then figured out that the garbage can was on fire. Now our garbage can is full of burnt lint and water. Twice I failed to burn down my house today and twice I failed. What a shame. What a shame.

3 comments:

Enormous Plumes of Smoke said...

I'm SO not hiring you.

Expat Wannabe said...

Haha! You will hire me and you will let me burn the store down!

Kimberly said...

You crack me up. You think that is bad? I've done similar so many times I should write a book! "The Day The House Stood" Very profound I think.

I'm glad you and everyone is ok. But seriously, I do shit like that almost every other day. :-)

word verification: shirsund
(is that a word?)