Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Graduate

I got my diploma today! I was so excited I put it on the bookshelf in the living room to show it off to the birds and kids and Mr. AwesomeCool, who are the only people that might actually see it. This is not to say that I'm a recent graduate, it is to say that after I graduated I never bothered to go get my diploma. Mostly because the school is in Corvallis and I'm not going to drive up there just to get it and I'm also not going to pay them $20 to have them send it to me. I've already given them enough of my money.
So last week when we were on our way back from Portland, we stopped by so I could pick it up. As luck would have it, the fuckers lost the stupid thing. They offered to send to to me for the $20 fee if and when they found it. I said, "Fuck you!! You lost it! I don't live in Corvallis, I never come up here! Why should I have to pay for it!" Only I didn't say fuck you and I wasn't yelling. That just makes this boring story somewhat more exciting. Either way, they waived the mailing fee and now I have it. Almost five years after I graduated. Huzzah!

2 comments:

Enormous Plumes of Smoke said...

Should we have a grad party for you?

Kimberly said...

I was wondering the same thing. what did you study?