Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gore

I got my wisdom tooth pulled yesterday. I thought I was all tough, cause I went to the discount clinic, they didn't knock me out, the didn't give me a pain prescription (probably because they thought I might sell it) and I even rode my bike home. And for the first 5 or 6 hours I was fine. Then the Novocaine wore completely off and I wasn't tough anymore.
It swelled up and throbbed from my forehead to my chin. Yanking teeth out of one's head is not a nice thing to do. When he was pulling it, I could hear popping and cracking and my whole jaw seemed to shift. He was throwing all his strength into yanking that sucker out. At the time, I couldn't feel anything, but I knew there was serious violence going on in my mouth and that made it seem much worse. Finally the tooth came out and the roots were all twisted, one of them had embedded itself in my jaw, thus that popping and cracking. Of my actual jaw, of which part came out with the tooth. Shudder. But when I woke up this morning, the pain and swelling were already gone. Now there is just a nagging ache in my jaw and the gaping hole creeps me out, but amazingly I'm almost back to normal.
Mr. AwesomeCool applied for a job at my grocery store and they called him in for an interview. He told them that he was married to a former employee and the woman doing the interviewing remembered me. When he went in today, she asked the store manager if he remembered me and he gave her a look, which Mr. AwesomeCool interpreted as, "Unfortunately, yes." So I don't think he did himself any favors by mentioning me, though I don't know why they would have a problem with me. Unless it was that time that woman's credit card slid into the no man's land under the counter and the store manager spent at least half an hour fishing it out.

1 comment:

LouDog said...

I cant wait until I get to have two teeth pulled later this month! Yay me!