Monday, February 16, 2009

Mood Swings

Last night I had a series of crazy, awful dreams. Something about living with my grandmother and loosing my toothbrush. This kind of thing just sets the mood for a bad day. I went running, but I think I lost my wallet, which is a zip lock bag. For some reason I decided not to bring a wallet or a purse to Spain so once I got there, I was at a loss as to where to put my wallety things. I don't remember where I picked it up, but it is very effective as far as wallets go. It's the quart size kind, so you can put lots of stuff in it, it's see through so you can see everything inside and find it quickly when you need to, and it looks like a bag of trash so nobody wants to steal it. Clever, huh?? Huh?? HUH??? Yes it is.
So today I watched another movie. This one called "It Happened One Night". A black and white movie with Claudette Colbert and Gary Cooper. She was a 21 year old, but back then being over 18 basically meant you acted like an adult, which is something that has clearly gone by the wayside. I was jealous of her youngness until she acted like a 40 year old through the whole movie and I realized in real life, she'd be about 100 by now. In the movie she jumped of the boat her father had locked her up on and later, while on the run with Gary Cooper, refused to eat raw carrots, saying, "I hate the hard things." I'm not sure if this was an overt reference to Gary Cooper's cock or a very strange cultural aversion to crunchy vegetables they had back then. Either way, it was a really good movie, with very silly people, running around without plastic and wearing nice little hats.

No comments: