Sunday, February 22, 2009

I must, I must, I must!

So, in my ongoing quest to achieve my status as an expatriate, I've had to branch out. I had never really considered anywhere in Asia, let alone scary, dog eating Korea. However, the more I read about it and the more desperate I become to get out of this city/state/country I have to look at places I might not have thought of as homeland material. And South Korea has outlawed dog eating, though they're not super enthused about enforcing the law. I've also traditionally disdained anywhere where it is at all cold or overly rainy which crossed off Canada and England. I'm not that thrilled about moving across the whole world (Australia and New Zealand) and no place where where the Ebola virus could catch me (South Africa) which eliminated the rest of the English speaking countries. But now, my need to be somewhere else is overwhelming my need to be someplace warm and sunny, English speaking and dog eating free.
At this point, I'm rooting for Japan. We've applied for a few English speaking jobs in Japan, but South Korea (dog eating and all) is our backup plan. Japan is the slutty prom queen and Korea is her ugly sister. Either way, I'm getting laid.

2 comments:

Enormous Plumes of Smoke said...

You don't want to do Costa Rica? Its beautiful and they don't eat dogs there.
-Sarah

Expat Wannabe said...

I would love too! CR is definitely a consideration.