Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cold

A few minutes ago, The German and I were sitting in the English department office when a strange sound began swelling and interfering with our daily, hourly, minutely bitchfest. It grew until it shifted from mere background noise in my subconscious to a conscious concern. It was a high pitched yelling, punctuated by outright screams. Suddenly I became aware that this was seriously out of the ordinary and thought that something might be on fire. The German suggested a bomb might have gone off. I looked out the window and saw of all fucking things, snow. I went into the hallway where students were rushing out of their classes and out doors to watch the snow fall. The German came back from a smoke break to tell me that some of these people had never seen snow before. Literally.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I seem to remember that one of your initial reasons for wanting out of Oregon was the weather. Spain, Spain, beautiful Spain. Sunshine, warmth, more sunshine.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! ;-)

Expat Wannabe said...

I know! And it hasn't snowed her in years and years. It's special, just for me.