Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh, Computer, How Do I Love Thee?

My laptop is still in the shop, they were supposed to call me today to tell me how much it was going to cost to fix it. They didn't. I'm pretty sure, for whatever reason, they are either not going to be able to fix it and will direct me to Málaga which is the nearest big city and the last place I want to be with my broken Spanish and fucked up computer, or they've stolen my it. I'm not sure which would be worse. Being without a computer is pretty bad. But in a way, I think this separation will improve our relationship. I was becoming co-dependent and completely obsessed. Like, I wouldn't let computer out of my sight. When I went to bed, he had to come with me. I would put him to sleep in his little computer carrying case, right next to my bed. As soon as I was off work, computer was the only person I wanted to see. When he wanted to go out with his friends, I wouldn't let him because he might meet some other hussy and run off to her! I know, it was unhealthy, but he's the only one in Spain who really understands me. His keyboard is configured for English, after all, unlike the other computers who have weird letters and accents where the apostrophe should be. So you can understand why I was overbearing. And why he had to take a break. I don't like it, but it will make our relationship stronger. Please come back computer! Please! I'll never insult your processing speed or hard drive capacity again! I'll always allow you to immediately install your updates and never make you wait! It will be wonderful and perfect! We'll never have error loops again!

No comments: