Thursday, September 4, 2008

Got My Visa!

I thought for sure that wasn't going to happen. Actually I was kind of hoping it wouldn't happen, then I wouldn't have a decision to make. It's just too hard! If I didn't have kids, there wouldn't be a question. My husband decided to send them with me because #1, they hate school anyway, and #2 if he gets a job, they'd have to be in daycare for an hour before school and an hour after. So they're going and that's that. We have bought our tickets and we'll be on our way Sept 23.
In other equally exciting news, my sister is engaged. We went to see her over the weekend. On the way down it was easily 100 degrees in the car. I refused to use the air conditioner until I realized that the air blowing in from the vents was actually hotter than the air inside. Rather than have us all die of heat exhaustion, we used the AC until the scorching sun went down. Then the next day, I was really smart and ate some spinach that had been in the trunk, it smelled bad, but whatever, I was hungry! The next day I was sick. In a campground with no toilets. And it was still over 100 degrees. Luckily, even the yellow jackets that we shared our campground with were even too repulsed to bother me.

2 comments:

David said...

wow. this is all big news. are the kids excited to go to spain? how long will you be there?

Expat Wannabe said...

8 months. They're excited!