Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Job!

My husband got laid off. Been that way for a month. So I was forced to seek gainful employment. I resisted, made feeble efforts and generally hoped nothing would come to fruition. Unfortunately my worst fears have been realized and somebody has hired me. I go for orientation tomorrow from 9-5. Yuck! I'm a part time cashier now, if you must know. Last time I had a job I lasted one day. I've never held a job for more than six weeks without getting fired or leaving without notice (more of the latter, unfortunately). So my goal is to last at least two months.
In more exciting and hopeful news, I find out about the English Language Assistantship in May. I can't believe it's almost here! Also my teaching English job in Lille is still inching along. They emailed me a few weeks ago to let me know they needed more information. Haven't heard anything since which I'm taking as a good sign.

1 comment:

David said...

Where is your JOB?????