Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On Dying Young

I know this will have already been done to death (no pun intended), but I can't help but be annoyed. Yet another rich celebrity has kicked the bucket, probably the result of a drug overdose. Now, if being a famous, rich person makes you sad, by all means, don't be one anymore! This incident makes me think we should all take turns at being superstars. Obviously, some of us can't handle it, but I think I would be an excellent candidate! I at least deserve a shot, right? Never mind that by Hollywood standards, I'm way past my prime and I'm a terrible actor, at least give me a chance! Give me a TV show! Give me a few movies! I promise to remain even headed enough to stay away from the drugs and the Cambodian babies. And if I can't handle it, I will donate all my earnings to charity and gracefully fade into obscurity a la Molly Ringwald.
And besides all that, I loved him in Brokeback Mountain :(


So here's my favorite Brokeback Mountain video, featuring Rascal Flatts. Watch for the best part at 2:00 minutes in :)
(followed closely by the second best part: The collapsing despair embrace at 2:40).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j53EuknQfjQ (For some stupid reason embedding disabled by request)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

you need a new Heath video the one you had is gone GASP!